In the near future…
- We envision having many dedicated short videos, illustrating the myriad of unique journeys, and highlighting the threads that tie all of our journeys together.
- We will be creating our own non-profit organization dedicated to the cause of The Powerful Voices Project.
- We plan to have established a fully functioning community space in which we hold discussion groups, documentary-viewings, community events, display local artwork, and provide a safe space for people to express their journeys.
- We will offer curriculum and presentations to the community, specifically schools and organizations, regarding sexual assault on campus, creating safer spaces, and opening up the conversation around survivors.
- We will be implementing The Powerful Voices Project which includes a 10-session empowerment intervention program for survivors of sexual assault. This curriculum, as it was developed by Becky Fein with the support of the faculty of Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University, is grounded in the Psychological Empowerment Theory. The Powerful Voices Project creates a community among the group, provides a safe space for expression, and increases feelings of self-empowerment among participants.
Additionally, Project Director Becky Fein is available for customized presentations and keynote talks regarding an array of issues related to sexual assault, public health, and other topics. For more information and to request a presentation, please reach out.